It’s always good to have goals. I constantly need to aim for something. I use lists and schedules and more lists to get me through life. But in all honesty, I have no idea what to expect of myself here. This is entirely new. Where should I even be aiming? What’s a reasonable goal?
Like I said…I don’t have a clue.
Still, I want to attempt to give myself some sort of structure for the next several months. So here’s what I can come up with:
- 5-year plan. I hope to have something hammered out (hopefully something flexible because, of course, things change) soon. I want to map out a track to stay on to complete all the required courses and everything with my degrees in mind, etc. I can do this with the help of my adviser, of course.
- Get involved. I want to join a few activities – education related, Spanish related, service related, etc. I’ve already gone to an activities fair and intend to go to some meetings next week, where I can potentially join some clubs. I’d like to be involved in 2-5. I don’t know what I’ll be able to handle exactly, so the range is definitely necessary.
- Have fun. Make friends. Enjoy yourself. ‘Nuff said.
- Good grades. I’d really like to start strong. Although I can already tell how challenging my classes are and how unlikely it is that I will continue my lifelong streak of straight A’s. My goal is to have 3 As and 2 Bs or better. We’ll see…
- Hit the ground running. Go with the flow. Roll with the punches. Just keep truckin’. Since I’m so unsure of what will come at me, this is all I can really say. Whatever it is – whether it be related to grades, social life, extracurricular activities, personal obstacles, life crises of any sort, etc… I need to just keep going. There’s always a way and I’m determined to find it eventually.
I’m nervous but excited. That’s kind of been my emotions in a nutshell for the last couple of months.
Stay tuned to see how this goes, feel free to comment, and thanks for reading!